Working at a car dealership perks
You may wonder that if you work at a car dealership do you get a discount. You may even wonder if you work at a car dealership do you get a car. There are a number of perks that you can enjoy while working in this position, and knowing the pros and cons of working at a car dealership can help you know whether this is the right career for you. Some of the benefits include:
- You can make $1000 or more on each sale.
- You get to choose the schedule that works the best for you. Of course, the more you work, the more you can potentially earn.
- You can drive around the demo cars
- You meet new people each day.
- You get a full support team behind you to help with sales.
Some dealerships can offer special deals that make it easier for their sales team to win things like a car or even extra bonuses. It all depends on which car dealership you decide to work with.
Working at a car dealership salary
Most people who work on the sales team in a car dealership will earn based on commission. There is not a set salary and it is based on the number of cars you sell and how much the car makes as a profit for the company. Some ways that you can earn money includes:
- Weekly pay
- Per car
- The hours worked
- Bonuses from the manufacturer or dealership
- Benefits and perks
Commission is the most common so you need to sell cars to make an income. The average commission is 25% off the profits. So if a car sells for $20,000 but it only makes $4000 of profit for the company, you would earn $1000 on that sale.
Requirements to work at a car dealership
- The first requirement is that you will not be working at a car dealership until you are 18. You need to be old enough to drive the cars around and help out customers, and most dealerships do not want anyone who is under the age of 18.
- You also need to have a very outgoing personality and be good at selling things to others. A car is a big purchase and finding one that works for your customers is important. Sometimes what works the best for your customers is not going to provide the highest commission for you. But this can help you find a good customer who will come back later and make another sale.
- You also need to be creative. You need to find solutions that will work for your customers and convince them to make a purchase, even if they seem like they are ready to walk out the door. The more creative you can be, the easier it is to make a sale.
Whether you are looking to break into the world of sales by working at a car dealership or you want to start your search for your dream car, make sure to contact us at Hartland Automotive Sales.
We are happy to help answer all your questions and meet your needs!