Car Maintenance Tips
At Hartland Automotive Sales, we are here to help you with all of your car maintenance needs. While there are a few things that you may be able to do at home, when you need some help, you can always trust our professionals to help you give your car the very best. Some of the best car maintenance tips that you can follow include:
- Learn all the warning lights: This makes it easier for you to figure out what is wrong with your vehicle right away, rather than guessing. The check engine light is the most important, but you should be on the lookout for some of the others too.
- Check the tires: You need to make sure that the tires are in good working order to keep you safe. there are several things that you can do for this one. First, check the tire pressure often to make sure it stays within the recommendations. You can also check the tread depth. You want them to be deeper to keep you safe. when they start to get bald, it is time to replace the tires. Rotate the tires and have their alignment checked as well.
- Clean the brush dust: While this will not necessarily affect the brake system, it can make the tires look bad. You should clean them off often.
- Check the drive belts: You should replace the serpentine belt after 40,000 miles and the timing belt after 60,000 miles to make sure that they do not snap and break while on the road.
- Check the oil levels: You need to provide the engine with enough oil so it can continue to run. Check this level often and refill as necessary.
- Check the engine coolant: This is important for keeping the temperature of your engine down to a safe level. The engine is going to get hot while you drive, but enough coolant will keep it from overheating.
- Check the fuel economy: If this starts to look like it is going down quite a bit, then it is time to get it into a professional to check out.
- Replace the filter: if something gets stuck in the filter, it could start to clog up the engine and make things more difficult to work with. Replace on a regular basis.
- Replace your spark plugs: If you notice that the engine is idling rough or it misfires, then it is a good sign that you should replace your spark plugs. This will help the engine start well each time and can prevent issues with the vehicle leaving you stranded later.
No matter what type of vehicle you drive, it is important to give it the care and maintenance it deserves so it will continue to run for a very long time. At Hartland Automotive Sales, we are here to help you do just that. Our certified technicians are happy to answer your questions or set up an appointment to help you get your car taken care of. Contact us today to get started.