Seasonal Car Tips
Different seasons are going to cause a lot of different types of issues for anyone who owns a car. You may deal with hail damage or snow along with ice in the winter, or problems with your air conditioning can happen in the summer. At the start of each season, it is a good idea to check out your car and make sure that everything is working well. When you are ready to prepare your car and keep it safe in any weather, come visit us at Hartland Automotive Sales.
During the spring, you should do a few different tasks to make sure your car is in good shape. Some of the things you should check for include:
- The tires: Make sure they are still in good shape after a long winter.
- Clean the underbody of the car to make sure all of the slush from winter, which can corrode your vehicle, is gone.
- Replace the windshield wipers so they work well.
- Examine the brakes to make sure they work.
- Top off the fluids in your vehicle.
- Clean the inside.
During the summer, there are a few other tasks that you should perform to make sure your vehicle is in good shape. Some of these include:
- Check the air conditioner and the cooling system. This helps make sure that you and the vehicle will stay cool.
- Oil: Check the level of your oils.
- Engine performance: check to see how the engine is doing and replace the filters if needed.
- Lights: Do a quick inspection of the lights.
- Battery: Check the charge on the battery and replace if necessary.
The Fall and Winter
You need to use some extra precautions when it comes to the fall and winter to make sure your vehicle will run well all during the season. Some of the things to check include:
Windshield wipers: Check these again. You may need them during a big snow storm.
- Heater and defroster: Check that they work for the driver and passenger as well. These may help keep you warm and control the visibility.
- Lights: It gets darker faster in winter so having lights that work are important.
- Exhaust system: If these get blocked up from snow, you could end up with carbon monoxide gas getting into the vehicle. Clear out the area before driving.
- Tires: It is important to rotate these every 5000 to 75000 miles. Check the pressure as the colder temperatures can make the pressure different. Replace if they look worn at the beginning of the season before the ice hits.
Your car can go through a lot of different things from one season or another. It is important to follow the tips above and keep your car as safe and protected as possible. When it is time to get your vehicle fixed, bring it down to us at Hartland Automotive Sales. We are happy to check out the vehicle and get it in good shape for you. Contact us today to get started.